2FA - Questions

• Hi, I have the following questions about the two-factor authentication of the GF account:

1. How does it actually work?

1. 1. Do I have to generate a code from my mobile phone every time I log into the GF account?
    2. 2. OR, do I have to generate a code on the mobile phone for every time I log into a Metin account under that GF account?

2. After I set up the 2FA on a GF account can I revert to having no 2FA on that account? Or I will be stuck with 2FA forever on that account ?

More explicit: can I come back to logging into my account without having to use 2fa?

Anyone that knows for sure the answers to these questions is welcome to answer, however, for question number 2. I would appreciate if CryoBunny or skilgannon answer.

Thanks !

• The code is only required when you login to the launcher, and not everytime.

You can remove 2FA from your launcher using a unique code you receive when adding your account to 2FA.

You can also file a ticket to GameForge requesting to remove 2FA.

If an account is bound to 2FA, it won't be possible to play on it even if you had 2FA before

When we jump, it feels like the world is sliding out of place. But I wonder why it feels so long today...

10-10-2007 ~ 25-01-2022

• Recently some accounts require to have 2FA activated, otherwise you cant play on it

When we jump, it feels like the world is sliding out of place. But I wonder why it feels so long today...

10-10-2007 ~ 25-01-2022

• So for those that are not required to have 2FA activated, I understand that I can remove the 2FA whenever I want.

Having to use it whenever some metin client from the other GF account crashes, during a run, where if you don't log back in few minutes you restart city, all while fighting the mobs, would be a disaster if I'm stuck with 2FA once I activate it.

Also, can we have multiple GF accounts on the same phone number/phone device ?

• So for those that are not required to have 2FA activated, I understand that I can remove the 2FA whenever I want.

Correct.

As for your last question, yes it is possible to add more emails in your app

10-10-2007 ~ 25-01-2022