• Hello all, is there any rules against shop scammers?

On the metin2 Ro forum I found the following:

Hello ,

It has come to our attention that several people use a SCAMMING method to steal items from players by creating an in-game character with a name that is ALMOST the same as another's player name . Using this resemblance(similarity) between names, the Scammers ask people to lend them some items/yang. We want to remember you that : You are the only ones responsable of what you do with your items/yang , if you give your item/yang to someone, you will not be refunded in case of loss of that item/yang. Please take good care of your items/yang and pay attention to who you trade with, as We Can't Help You Recover The Items/Yang that you give away.

You can report such Scammers via Ticket System

Is this applicable here also?

So I am talking about people, who make shop full of cheap items in yang, but with 8w, because of the font 8 looks like 0, so they made the shop just to scam people.
    There is a rule against buying items from hackers, even if you don't know if x is a hacker, if he is selling you zodiac sword with 50avg for 1w, you should report it, but what about the guy below (and is not the only one) that makes shop full of items for 8w, just to scam (no mischievous comments please, I was not scammed myself, but many people have been scammed)

Bazar ch1 133:433 coords

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• They tend to set up items are are barely for sale and use this 8w trick to 'scam' players. The most expensive item is placed at the end of the trading glass results, that's one extra thing to notice. I believe adding a color in the won tab of trading glass, this problem should be fixed.

When we jump, it feels like the world is sliding out of place. But I wonder why it feels so long today...

10-10-2007 ~ 25-01-2022

• I doubt that anything can be done besides what Rabbit said, adding bright colour to the won tab.

But ultimately, he isnt scamming. He puts the price, you buy it. Nothing illegal about it. You’re allowed to do it as well. But it’s a real bch move from his side. But it appears to be working well.

• I don't think that's punishable. When buying, pay attention to prices. It’s not a scam either, as you decide how much you sell an item for.

"Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right."

• Hello, I think Metin2 Ro has other rulles compared to Metin2 En, for example an influencer on youtube told they are allowed to sell game accounts for wons. Also, I saw on youtube something really crazy on Ro server: a guy received by mistake an ice talisman +180 instead of +18 from OX event from a GM and then two GMs stopped his Meley run literally and came near that guy to tell him that it was an error and that talisman will not remain on the server and the examples might go on.

But you are right to post about this, at least color of the wons column could be changed in the future. I was also about to buy "81" Inventory Keys for "8 won", my luck was that I had money on shop account and while opening a new client two times, because first time it crashed, I had time to realise that it's only 1 Inventory Key for 8 won and 81 yang.

• Then what about the quote above, taken from Metin2 Ro forum, from staff? how come scamming in trade is bad but scamming in shop no issue there.

Difference is that the guy who “scams” by selling 8w in shop is not impersonating anyone. Guys who do it via trade carefully select the victim and make a fake name of their friend, for example. Guy who just puts in shop can always say “I value my item to be 8w, I dont force anyone to buy it”. Prices are not established by support or GF or anyone but players. Its completely subjective. What you might find to be trash, I might find very useful and vice versa. So according to that, he can always say he values his grilled yabby to be 8w and 5kk :D

• Difference is that the guy who “scams” by selling 8w in shop is not impersonating anyone. Guys who do it via trade carefully select the victim and make a fake name of their friend, for example. Guy who just puts in shop can always say “I value my item to be 8w, I dont force anyone to buy it”. Prices are not established by support or GF or anyone but players. Its completely subjective. What you might find to be trash, I might find very useful and vice versa. So according to that, he can always say he values his grilled yabby to be 8w and 5kk :D

Ye, we as players set the price, only that some players set the price in a way to abuse how the font is showing on trading glass.

• The obvious intention to steal in a normal society is penalized. It should be here as well.

My characters: DannnnKing/Shaman Healing Force - lvl 120+1, DannKing2/Sura Weaponry - lvl 115,DannnnnnKing/Sura Weaponry - lvl 105, DanKing/Shaman Dragon Force - lvl 100, DanKingShamy/Shaman Dragon Force - lvl 96, DannKing5/Ninja Blade - lvl 95, DannKing1/Lycan - lvl 95, DannKing/Mental Warrior - lvl 95, DanKing1/Sura Weaponry - 62 lvl.

My guilds: PVP, ElitePVP, RoInPower.
    I started playing since 2010 in Meang (UK). I'm currently playing in Europe.

My Signature: I'm a proud nationalist.

• Danyelson He put it well, what to look out for. DO NOT compare RO server rules to those described here. Even if it seems better there, pricing is completely subjective.

The obvious intention to steal in a normal society is penalized. It should be here as well.

This phenomenon does not constitute fraud. If you go into a store in real life, do you see the price of a product there? I think yes.

"Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right."

• Danyelson He put it well, what to look out for. DO NOT compare RO server rules to those described here. Even if it seems better there, pricing is completely subjective.

This phenomenon does not constitute fraud. If you go into a store in real life, do you see the price of a product there? I think yes.

Because nobody tries to sell something that worth 1 euro with 1000 euro. It's deceptive. It could easily be a way of launder money.

My characters: DannnnKing/Shaman Healing Force - lvl 120+1, DannKing2/Sura Weaponry - lvl 115,DannnnnnKing/Sura Weaponry - lvl 105, DanKing/Shaman Dragon Force - lvl 100, DanKingShamy/Shaman Dragon Force - lvl 96, DannKing5/Ninja Blade - lvl 95, DannKing1/Lycan - lvl 95, DannKing/Mental Warrior - lvl 95, DanKing1/Sura Weaponry - 62 lvl.

My guilds: PVP, ElitePVP, RoInPower.
    I started playing since 2010 in Meang (UK). I'm currently playing in Europe.

My Signature: I'm a proud nationalist.