The most populated official server? ENG or DE?

• Hi there,

I really love playing Metin2, especially on populated servers. The GF successfully closed the biggest private server today, so I am forced to move to the official server (it was the second server that closed where I spent a lot of time, so I decided I will not play on P servers anymore).

I played the official server at the beginning, more than 3-4 years on the Hungarian server, but I wouldn't like to continue there, I want to have a full fresh start.

I know, that German people are really keen on playing Metin, so I suppose the Metin2.de is one of the biggest servers out there, but the problem is, my German knowledge is basically 0 (maybe even lower :saint:)
    I would like to ask whether the English server is popular enough if I am used to the basic 2000+ player based. Also, if someone could compere the popularity of the English and German server, that would be great:) Or if you have any other suggestion I am curious, so please, give me some tips which would be the best server from the total zero with only English knowledge. (I wonder it is allowed to write in general/all chat in English on the German servers....:O)

I am looking forward to every answer, thank you very much :)

• The german server is more alive, more players, more shops, the market is more alive, meaning sells/buys are easy. With only english as your language of communicating, i would say UK is quite decent, but no where near german population, doesn't mean it is bad. I would recommend UK, you will find it very hard to play on the german one without knowing the language, such as knowing if they are the right bonuses, cant understand call chat and so on. I would go for UK. GL. As for if it is allowed to write in english in the german server, i doubt it but it could be possible, one of the team members maybe know or some that actually play there. I have no info if it is allowed or not.

“It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.”

• UK server is populated enough. Much more than in the past. You have no choice anyway. German if you do not understand it can be hard to get. Not worth learning just for a game. The only problem which i see in Uk is that the prices compare with other servers are higher.

My characters: DannnnKing/Shaman Healer - lvl 95, DannKing/Warrior Mental - lvl 95, DannKing2/Sura Weapon - lvl 96, DanKing/Shaman Dragon - lvl 82, DannnnnnKing/Sura Weapon - lvl 76, DanKingShamy/Shaman Dragon - lvl 75, DanKing1/Sura Weapon - lvl 61, DannKing1/Lycan - lvl 60, DannKing4/Sura Weapon - lvl 35.

I'm proud member of Jinno Kingdom since I joined in 2010, UK (Meang).

• Ok so i did a little bit of digging for you and i find the top 10 most populated official Metin servers with the most users online in 2019:

1.Turkey

2.Romania

3.Poland

4. Spain

5.Germany

6. Uk

7.Saudi Arabia

8.Czech Republic

9. Greece

10. Hungary

If you want a really crowded server, then the top 5 will be a good pick.

My characters: DannnnKing/Shaman Healer - lvl 95, DannKing/Warrior Mental - lvl 95, DannKing2/Sura Weapon - lvl 96, DanKing/Shaman Dragon - lvl 82, DannnnnnKing/Sura Weapon - lvl 76, DanKingShamy/Shaman Dragon - lvl 75, DanKing1/Sura Weapon - lvl 61, DannKing1/Lycan - lvl 60, DannKing4/Sura Weapon - lvl 35.

• Thank you very much your answers, it was really helpful! I also managed to ask some team members about the rules whether it is allowed to write in English or not. Some GM tolerate it, some don't, so basically I will not get into big troubles :) Though I may be end up playing on the UK if the atmosphere won't be good.

• Hey, we got good EQ and good players, but deffo not the same number as german one, but u wont find us lacking either :D

• If you ask me nowadays its not the right choice to start from zero , just find any other game buddy

Why not bro? If you would not doing why does you have to be so negative?

If you really like the game than it worth starting from zero of course.

• Hi. As a german player i have a similar question. Does the english community have good EQ or good players? About how many?

Yes they have good players and you can find almost any items you want eventually as long as you are willing to pay. In here ppl are more focus on pvm than pvp. Blue kigdom is the most crowded one. There are not as many players as the German Metin though.

• Well im not negative but the game is dying and you know ....

The game was dying 10 years ago as well, yet there are more ppl playing now than 5 years a go.

• Way more people played before, you cant even compare it to then and now.