New Player

• Hello guys,

I started playing Metin like 10 years ago and have stopped for a long time until now.

I was wondering how is the state of the game and community, shops, prices etc.

I realize the enfasis on P2W as every game made these days apparently.

Is there guild wars happening? Is the game stale? Updates on the way for the future?

I enjoy the grind but the question is: Is this game dead or still worth to put in my time (and money)?

Thanks for your answers and hope to see you all in game,

Kami

• I started a month ago, i can tell the game is pretty empty but not dead yet. Haven't seen a guild war so far.

I think the hardest part of the game begins at lvl 30 because at this moment you have to grind a lot to buy a decent stuff. Prices for items with bonuses are high. For example, boots 29+9 with 2000 HP costs like 600-700kk.
    Fishing : clams 900k, white pearls 10-15kk, blue pearl 2kk, red pearl 1kk
    Mining : 1.8 - 2kk everything (was generally 3kk when i started)
    Metins : aura 6kk, enchanted blade 2.5kk, haste+4 25kk

If you don't farm dragon stones you have to waste your entire days just to buy one freakin good item.

Edited 2 times, last by Brubru: price correction, missing words ().

• I do say that its ur choice but coming back in to the game will be big FAIL from you , this server dies every single day and i see no point to play on this server ;)

• Thanks for all the input guys. From all the advice and from the little I've browsed through the forum, it seems even the Mods are saturated of the game/community and clearly without energy to try and improve it.

Sadly I'm not coming back to this server, and will instead have a look to the DE and see how that goes. The staff there will surely be more willing.

I already had a character here from a while ago, but it seems PvP is dead which was my main interest and why I liked metin in the first place. It also seems there's some good community members here, so I wish you all the best and maybe see you in another server one day.

Kami

• What you said it is true. This forum is not the happiest place .
    But I enjoy playing, there is people there and there are new players signing up continuosly.

Let’s do some “events” or meet ups between the community and bring joy to the server

• its same here for me, i've been playing this game since i was like 7 years old or smth, and here i am 18 years old and willing to come back to play this game with new character and new beginning

• Heya,

Sorry for the late response, haven't been on the forum lately, to answer your questions,
    The game has active players,guild wars aren't like they used to be, but they still happen. There are plenty of shops with good stuff, just a bit pricey if you will, the increases in prices are due to other stuff being increased,like upgrade materials going very high etc, but since they go up, you have to play it smart and farm the stuff that are in high demand on the market. I play this game for 11 years (with a bit of off time) it's fun for me, if you join active guilds you will get more help and advice, some guilds even sell you gear for way cheaper than the market price just for being a guildy, Shanezz can confirm this as well since he owns a guild like myself. Hope this post helped you!

Cheers,

“Don't get too deep, it leads to over thinking, and over thinking leads to problems that doesn't even exist in the first place.”