Attention: These board rules will be in effect starting Wednesday 25th of May 2011 . Please read them.
Metin2.co.uk Board Rules
By using the Metin2.co.uk Board you are confirming that you have read, understood, and agreed to abide by the following Board Rules. These rules are are valid throughout the Metin2.co.uk Board and can also apply to associated services (IRC, PM etc.)
The Terms and Conditions stand above the rules.
The following rules are split up into Major and Minor rules. You can distinguish between these two sets of rules by the following images.
A. - Board
- Users may only register one account. Having multiple accounts is not permitted unless an exception is made by Board Administrator.
- In case there are multiple players connecting from the same computer and/or IP, please make sure to contact the Board Administrator in advance in order not to get problems with multiple accounting issues.
- The language of this whole board is always English, unless stated otherwise, posting in another language is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to; posts, signatures, avatars etc.
- The impersonation of Metin 2 UK Staff members and Forum members is forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to; usernames, avatars, signatures etc..
- Your account is yours alone and you are responsible for any activity associated with it. You may not share your account login with anyone.
- Inciting to break the board rules, game rules, or T&C (Terms & Conditions) is not allowed.
- The misuse or abuse of the Board Report System is not allowed and may result in warnings.
- The Board team can change these rules when judged and without warning if necessary.
B. - Posts
- It is forbidden to post (or link to) anything illegal, inappropriate or indecent, including but is not limited to: hacks, warez, pornography, scam websites, obscene material or copyrighted material without authors permission.
- Show respect towards other users and Metin 2 UK Staff. This includes, but is not limited to insulting, flaming, ethnic/gender based/racial discrimination towards users/staff will not be tolerated.
- The use of profanity/profane directed towards users/Staff or used in any other nature will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to avoiding the filter with leet speaking (1337, l33t).
- The posting of controversial, inflammatory, or irrelevant issues on the board with the sole purpose to troll or rant is not permitted. This also includes, but is not limited to, posts aimed to provoke others into breaking the rules. Posts or threads of this nature may be closed, removed or censored.
- The Metin 2 forum is not a public market. The asking for or offering of products or services for money is not allowed. Linking to sites for personal gain is also not allowed./
- Do not link or hotlink to other forums and/or games. Any (hot)linking or advertising to a competitive forum or game are not welcomed and may be deleted unless they are an affiliate of Gameforge Productions GmbH..
- Please write in a way that reflects normal written language. This means no excessive use of smilies, question marks (???????) or exclamation marks (!!!!!!!!!!!). Please do not yell (writing in capital letters, example: "WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE?") or use unnecessary colors.
- The publication of player/staff names on screenshots and videos for the purpose of implying a player/staff member has broken Ingame-Rules is forbidden. Publication includes posting links to screenshots or Videos held externally from the forum. The only exception is the publication by staff members, for the purpose of investigation or notifications. (e.g. Ban lists.)
- Spamming is not allowed:
- I - Spam (advertisements and meaningless posts) is not allowed. This means messages that don't contribute to the topic, messages containing less than five words or messages containing nothing but smilies. Spam can also include replying or reacting to spam posts.
- II - "Backseat Modding" is also not allowed. This includes but not limited to when a users may post like a Moderator saying (when he is not the thread starter) "Thread Closed".
- III - Post hunting (posting with the sole purpose of getting a higher post count) is also spam. This also includes but is not limited to bumping old threads with the sole purpose of getting them to the first page of that section.
- Creating a new thread after a moderator has closed a previous one on the same subject is not permitted and can result in a warning. If your thread was closed prematurely then you can PM or email the moderator that closed your thread with a reason of why you think it should be reopened. This does not guarantee reopening of the thread but the moderator will review the decision.
- In-game bans, In-game warnings, Forum bans and Forum warnings are not to be discussed on the board. Instead the user may contact the Support Team via the Metin2.co.uk Support System (http://support.metin2.co.uk/).
- Posting for a banned user is against the rules and will result in a warn for the user.
- The posting of messages, emails or conversations without the consent of all involved parties is forbidden. This includes (but is not limited to) all forms of ingame and external communication such as; game chat, MSN, IRC, PM etc.
- The posting of personal data about others is not allowed, this includes but is not limited to; real names, e-mail addresses, home addresses, IP-addresses, etc. Attempting to reveal (correctly or otherwise) staff member's player accounts is also not allowed.
- Publicly contradicting the moderator team is not allowed and can result in a warning.
C. -Signatures, Avatars and Profile Pictures
- Signatures, Avatars and Profile Pictures cannot include or link to sexually explicit or graphically intense images.
- Signatures cannot contain more then 500 characters.
- Signatures may not contain more then 10 lines of text, this includes whitespace. If you already have a picture in your signature, you cannot have more then 4 lines of text.
- An image within a signature is bound to a maximum width of 530 pixels, it's height cannot be more than 200 pixels. The file size can not be greater than 250KB (256000 bytes).
- Avatars cannot exceed the 150 pixels width and 150 pixels height, they can be as mush as 35KB (35840 bytes).
- Signatures are expected to be written in the normal fonts without any use of bolding or bigger font sizes. Any use of excessive fonts may lead to the signature being removed.
- Previously mentioned board rules also apply to signatures and avatars.
- The board team can remove and/or edit any signature or avatar that does not fit these requirements without notice and warn if it's needed.
D. -Warnings and Sanctions
- The Metin 2 UK Board Team works with a Minor and Major strike policy.
- Two Minor warnings will equal one Major warning.
- Two Major warnings will result in a 2 day ban.
- Three Major warnings will result in a 5 day ban.
- Four Major warnings will result in a 7 day ban.
- Five Major warnings will result in a permanent ban.
- In extreme cases (heavy flaming, racist behavior, etc), an exception to this Minor and Major policy can be made.
- Any attempt to evade a (temporary) ban can result in a longer ban or even a permanent one. This includes but is not restricted to: creating a new account, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, changing e-mail address to evade a ban on e-mail address, etc.
- Repeated infringements of rule A-1 will constitute a severe breach of our Forum Rules and can have as a consequence an In-Game and/or System wide ban. These cases will be discussed jointly by the Board Administrator, Game Administrator, Team Manager and Community Manager on a case by case basis.
- Board Administrator always has the right to ban a user when he judges it necessary.
E. - Guidelines
- Some sub forums have their own rules, please read them before posting there, they can be found in the "sticky's".
- Users are asked to write new topics in the designated sections of the forum, please read the forum description to know which section suits best for your thread. Please also try to give an accurate description in your topic title, bad examples are "help", "what's this" and "character", good examples are "Return scrolls not working", "problem downloading client" and "Offering broad sword".
- If you want to create a thread to ask a question, or about a particular topic; then please use the Search function first. Searching for keywords may help you locate an existing thread on a topic. Threads created for the same purpose as a previous thread will be closed.
- When replying to an existing thread make sure you have read through it all before replying. You could find that somebody has said, or clarified, the exact same issue you were about to post. If you are also going to quote a particular post make sure you only quote the part that applies to what you are talking about.
- Double posting is not allowed, if you want to add something to your post use the 'edit' button instead. The exception to this is an unanswered question, you are allowed to "bump" that thread, but don't overdo it, 1 time a day is more than enough. If you forgot to mention something in your post and editing is not possible, you can ask a moderator of that section to add it to your post.
F. - Interpretation and Appeals
- These rules represent the minimum expectations of the Board Staff and will be enforced as needed.
- Threads/posts can be removed or closed pending investigation by the moderator team.
- Users who are in the opinion of being warned for a wrong reason or without a reason should first contact the moderator in question.If you are not satisfied you can create a ticket at the Metin2.co.uk Support Center. Additionally if a user believes they have been banned unjustly then they can also get in contact with Metin2.co.uk Support Center If the Board Admin judges that a user has been mistreated he can remove the ban and/or warning.
Your Metin2 UK Board Team