Metin2 is only Pay2Win

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Metin2 is only Pay2Win

One post where i pointed out what stupidity was going on in the game.. Yet instead of improving, you guys try to hide it..
      It is a simple fact that you guys are money minded and dont actually care about the players in the game.. People use hacks, farm bots, fish bots, health bots, etc but you people wont do anything.. The only thing you guys are good at is hiding your imnompetence.. like WOW!!

Serious advice to you developers: In a game (like metin2), only 10% or less players are pay2win.. And hence to keep your income steady you people only take care of this 10% and hereby making other 90% miserable.. And thats also why people quit this game..
      I really want new players to come and play, and better yet the old players also return.. This game used to be one of favourites. But seeing this game go down so bad is ridiculous. It actually hurts sometimes, that a game which i have been playing since my childhood is in such a condition..

Please Developers.. rethink your strategies.. rethink your thoughts.. rethink this whole game..
      I'm 100% sure if you change this game not only for the free2play players but also for the pay2win players, lot of other players are gonna flood this game..

This is a good game.. so please.. think it over..
    • It's a free2play game so of course it will be pay2win :D they have to make their money somehow.
      There only two options with games - either its pay2paly and "free"2win or it is free2play and pay2win
      Well there are also some AAA game companies that have games that are pay2play and pay2win but i'd like to think those are exceptions :D

There is an interview with Jobs I think? and I saw that again recently. At least part of it. About product people and marketing people and the decision making. Fits with this game perfectly. Maybe you have seen/heard it.
    • Testreg wrote:

It's a free2play game so of course it will be pay2win they have to make their money somehow.
      There only two options with games - either its pay2paly and "free"2win or it is free2play and pay2win
      Well there are also some AAA game companies that have games that are pay2play and pay2win but i'd like to think those are exceptions

There is an interview with Jobs I think? and I saw that again recently. At least part of it. About product people and marketing people and the decision making. Fits with this game perfectly. Maybe you have seen/heard it.
      i understand your point.. but the fact is with the available features, new players will find the need to pay2win more..
      and hence they will just leave again..
    • From Pay2Win view: After some months of farming to gather materials i decided to upgrade couple items. After losing around 200 eur worth of handbooks and tons of mats i litherally made nothing, also next day i used 160 cor and i didnt suceed anything to legendary.
      And then several months ago i managed to make 2x lv 115 armors to +9 in same day + some more items.

But i just spoke about upgrade so far and i agree that pay2win players have more chance to achive things. But keep in mind that without pay2win players there are no free2play players. The pay2win spend money so GF is even bothering to keep our server online, if we didnt have anyone willing to spend money then this would be the end of Metin2 UK.

You wrote some accusations and spoke about stupidity but have you watched this video?
      QnA video
      Ofc its just words but it also tells you how the updates come to metin, when i watched it i had a good feeling, not due to the upcoming chances but that there was a video by a GF member who spoke what GF has in plan and what problems they have.

But lets go back to the threadstarters 1st post. There are hackers yes but as much i know the UK staff is dealing with them.
      What do you think should change in the game so players who dont pay2won, could feel welcomed? Remove DC from the game? Or something else?

If you would ask me what to change, i would say to change the hunting system: Faster respawn of metins, or more metins per map. This would increase the hunters as well as keep players busy, Ofc there will be competition but is apart of the game. (And i am not in favour of getting more channels than we have, having more channels would give us more autohunters and only the players who dominate certain maps to hunt metins or bosses by ch swapping would benefit more. But if to decrease the spawn time + additional metins per ch, at least in my opinion, the players would have more to do in one channel.)
      If to talk about bosses, most who have killed jotun, nemere or raza have left the lair with disapointment. And i dont mean "I DIDNT GET MOONSTONE " But the overall value of drops was too low. Also some drops we get are totally useless and so in common from lv 90s map random mob drop to highest boss box loot. Specially if players go in groups, as i understood GF was trying to revive the teamplay when they added zodiac maps. But lets picture a 5 player team entering Jotun lair and each of them will get 1-2 chests. Ofc they would have to make several runs to make the drops fair between players but knowing the luck how things drop can break the mood to play.

My writing can be bit strange since i am having beers atm but my main point is: We can have a well populated server if players would have something to do without having to worry being bothered by someone. But since this game is PVP and PVM then this is out of option. Players either have to adopt to situations or quit. Players who dont use money for games will most likely quit. Making room to those who are willing to make their name in farming without buying dragon coins to feed the lay pay2win players by buying vouchers or items from them. Best cure i see i already mentioned. As it would keep players busy or change the mentality when they know that "metin will drop soon"
      Ill stop or now since i feel i started to repeat myself.
      Cheers.
    • ESTDRAG wrote:

From Pay2Win view: After some months of farming to gather materials i decided to upgrade couple items. After losing around 200 eur worth of handbooks and tons of mats i litherally made nothing, also next day i used 160 cor and i didnt suceed anything to legendary.
      And then several months ago i managed to make 2x lv 115 armors to +9 in same day + some more items.

But i just spoke about upgrade so far and i agree that pay2win players have more chance to achive things. But keep in mind that without pay2win players there are no free2play players. The pay2win spend money so GF is even bothering to keep our server online, if we didnt have anyone willing to spend money then this would be the end of Metin2 UK.

You wrote some accusations and spoke about stupidity but have you watched this video?
      QnA video
      Ofc its just words but it also tells you how the updates come to metin, when i watched it i had a good feeling, not due to the upcoming chances but that there was a video by a GF member who spoke what GF has in plan and what problems they have.

But lets go back to the threadstarters 1st post. There are hackers yes but as much i know the UK staff is dealing with them.
      What do you think should change in the game so players who dont pay2won, could feel welcomed? Remove DC from the game? Or something else?

If you would ask me what to change, i would say to change the hunting system: Faster respawn of metins, or more metins per map. This would increase the hunters as well as keep players busy, Ofc there will be competition but is apart of the game. (And i am not in favour of getting more channels than we have, having more channels would give us more autohunters and only the players who dominate certain maps to hunt metins or bosses by ch swapping would benefit more. But if to decrease the spawn time + additional metins per ch, at least in my opinion, the players would have more to do in one channel.)
      If to talk about bosses, most who have killed jotun, nemere or raza have left the lair with disapointment. And i dont mean "I DIDNT GET MOONSTONE " But the overall value of drops was too low. Also some drops we get are totally useless and so in common from lv 90s map random mob drop to highest boss box loot. Specially if players go in groups, as i understood GF was trying to revive the teamplay when they added zodiac maps. But lets picture a 5 player team entering Jotun lair and each of them will get 1-2 chests. Ofc they would have to make several runs to make the drops fair between players but knowing the luck how things drop can break the mood to play.

My writing can be bit strange since i am having beers atm but my main point is: We can have a well populated server if players would have something to do without having to worry being bothered by someone. But since this game is PVP and PVM then this is out of option. Players either have to adopt to situations or quit. Players who dont use money for games will most likely quit. Making room to those who are willing to make their name in farming without buying dragon coins to feed the lay pay2win players by buying vouchers or items from them. Best cure i see i already mentioned. As it would keep players busy or change the mentality when they know that "metin will drop soon"
      Ill stop or now since i feel i started to repeat myself.
      Cheers.
      Share beer with me? :beer:
    • There is absolutely no content in this game that REQUIRES you to spend real money. EVERYTHING in this game is accessable for F2P players, the only thing that's different is that it takes (much) more time for them to achieve it.

Spending real money on this game provides the following:
      - You speed up your progress (a lot)
      - You keep the server running

So in what way are you actually missing out on stuff and feeling forced to pay?
      If you want to be a F2P player, you can expect progress to come at a much slower pace compared to P2W players. However, everyone has access to all items from item shop. You can farm and grind, make money that way, spend that money on vouchers (oh hey, another thing provided by P2W players! ) and use those vouchers to buy the necessary (or at least you think they are necessary) items. Vouchers have opened up item shop to literally everyone, so stop crying that item shop content isn't available for F2P players.

You make a choice, you spend money on a game and you'll have a much easier time, or you don't spend money on a game, and you will have to work harder. Welcome to the real world and the gaming world. If that doesn't appeal to you, then maybe these games aren't for you.

+ this game isn't dead, anyone that believes it is, please just leave instead of just spreading negativity throughout the server. Dead = no players who are willing to play anymore, and as long as there's at least one player who still finds it fun and entertaining to play on this server, the game will never die unless the developers pull out the plug.
      So next time you are about to say that this server is dead, please formulate it in the appropriate way, that YOU THINK THIS SERVER IS DEAD, not stating it as a fact which can demotivate players to play.
    • Just my opinion: i wanna say that i respect all of these players who spend much on game, i mean if i would have that amount of money i would probably spend too, but that not point.. i wanna say that it s not about who pay who s not, for me the game became boring, i mean i would like smthing new,and i dont mean about adding new stuffs and new gear and new updates i mean about changing the existing things, like ESTDRAG pointed out about changing respawn time of metin stonrs per map or increasing the amount of metin stones, or smthing idk, smthing that would make me excited to play again, and maybe changing things like those would change the current "dead" market.. or maybe adding new events, idk what i m talking but i just wanna smtzhing to change :P

excuse me if i missed the point i just needed to say this :D