Help , cheatblocker is not allowing me to open metin

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dear ungrateful kid

I had same error as the thread starter showed in his picture, after removing the files that were quarantined by firewall and excluding metin folder from scan list everything worked.

have you removed the quarantined file? has your internet connection changed? any more info you can provide?

And if you seriously have a problem, write down the error, what you did, so others know how to help you.
    • Lujain5 wrote:

ESTDRAG wrote:

with windows 10

Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings (Manage settings ) - Scroll down to Exclusions (Add or remove exclusions) - Add an exclusion (I added whole gameforgeLife folder) and problem was solved without being overly dramatic
      Thank you for saying exactly what everyone else said. It doesn't help one bit.
      Actually that's exactly how it works. The error shown in OP post is due to "something" on your PC blocking the Cheat Blocker. Whether it's the windows defender or your antivirus.

Do you have an antivirus? Can you give more info??? Or you just gonna keep posting here that it doesn't work?????
    • It was already explained that this is a false positive, the antivirus by heuristic behaviour analisys thinks this is a certain virus

please stop posting instructions on how to remove that specific virus, or posting what the virus does

this is not that virus, it's a false positive where the antivirus thinks it is

NEVER share your Game or Forum Account Credentials with ANYONE
    • Why on this small community do not let people share their opinions? let other communities see if they block this message

So please..
      Let your post see the rest of what I found and maybe have the same opinions

I have said and I will repeat, you community here only accept positive opinions?
    • @Mitza Congratulations, it took many removed posts for you to learn that there are other sections besides the general section, and that there is a button to reply to threads, it is one of the rare ocaions that your post is not a new thread on general section, glad to see that you can learn after all.

That said, now you just need to learn that what you posted is wrong and misleading to other people, no you will not be allowed to post misleading information on this board. This time the post was removed, next time you get a warning

I don't care what you think you found, what you posted is a lie and misleading to other players and will not be tolerated

skilgannon

NEVER share your Game or Forum Account Credentials with ANYONE
    • I have avast antivirus and i had the same problem , to solve it all i had to do is to open my antivirus and go to protection and then to my virus chest , after that i selected "Metin2 or cb.cbm ( i don't remember exactly) " and down to my antivirus i selected " restore and add exception" and now it's working .
      if you have another antivirus "virus chest can also be called "quarantine " and you can try it there to add exception or " whitelist " . i hope this help some of you . GL :D
    • It's kind of off topic but I still had the urge to post this -.-

Lamstat wrote:

False positive or not, I just whitelisted a Trojan on my PCs.
      Do you even understand what false positive means?

some dude on wikipedia wrote:

A false positive error, or in short a false positive, commonly called a "false alarm", is a result that indicates a given condition exists, when it does not.
      Or in other words - you whitelisted a trojan only IF (and that's one big 'if' here) it was NOT a false positive.

skilgannon wrote:

No you did not white list a trojan, you white listed a file that your antivirus thinks is a trojan
      Seems like this concept is too hard to grasp for a few people here...
    • My antivirus also detects a cheat blocker file as a trojan as well..

Secondly I hope this doesn't upset people if I say this but emailing cheaterror@metin2.de was absolutely pointless they didnt even reply and give me a solution therefore if I hadn't figured out it was something in relation to an antivirus or see any posts in regards to it, I wouldn't have solved the issue at all..

As I said in my other post that was closed in most cases to solve problem is to deactivate antivirus then reactivate and then it works, I am palying metin2 client with my antivirus on :)
    • JamapiCN wrote:

Secondly I hope this doesn't upset people if I say this but emailing cheaterror@metin2.de was absolutely pointless they didnt even reply and give me a solution therefore if I hadn't figured out it was something in relation to an antivirus or see any posts in regards to it, I wouldn't have solved the issue at all..
      That email looks like something that just gathers up the info about the errors so that they can fix them later and maybe even stop them from occurring in the first place. If you want a reply then you need to sent a ticket to support or something :D
    • Testreg wrote:

It's kind of off topic but I still had the urge to post this -.-

Lamstat wrote:

False positive or not, I just whitelisted a Trojan on my PCs.
      Do you even understand what false positive means?

some dude on wikipedia wrote:

A false positive error, or in short a false positive, commonly called a "false alarm", is a result that indicates a given condition exists, when it does not.
      Or in other words - you whitelisted a trojan only IF (and that's one big 'if' here) it was NOT a false positive.

skilgannon wrote:

No you did not white list a trojan, you white listed a file that your antivirus thinks is a trojan
      Seems like this concept is too hard to grasp for a few people here...
      You took it way too literally and gone Wikipedia on me. I didn't check any wiki page, didn't check if is a false positive or not, I just trusted skillgannon and excluded the entire Metin2 folder . I guess the majority of us did that... What I meant to say was that we trust the the board even if it seems that the board doesn't trust us - considering the error source. Pretty ironic isn't it?