Give me ONE could reason to keep playing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Give me ONE could reason to keep playing

The installations that were recently installed all had a negative effect on the game:
      - shards not trade-able
      - increased prices of some items in IS shop, some a much as 30 % (talk about inflation)
      - server went down from 6 to 3 channels
      - the failed mergers (didn't bring more players)
      - the event server Comet (taking people away from the regular server. And the event server had 6 channels)
      - the removal of the "change channel"
      - and last but not least the introduction of mythical alchemy, making the alchemy we worked for for months, useless

I sometimes get the feeling they deliberately make these changes for people to leave. Does anyone ever consult the players for advice? Give me one upgrade in recent months that was good for players? After every upgrade I scratch my head and question if I should keep playing. Every time I try to stay positive, but man it is really hard to stay optimistic with every useless upgrade. Is there anything coming in the next few months worth staying for or is it better to cut my losses now? This is a serious question and not a intended to moan. I seriously would like to hear from Gameforge/Webzen/GA's that they have the player's best interest at heart. Can they tell me of any good update coming in the near future that should persuade me to stay. Again, this is a honest question and I hope to receive an honest answer. Give me a reason to stay. I would like to, but I need something to convince me.
    • Honestly, not trying to be rude but look at the content in game and explain to me how you would seriously change it for the better. I am not defending some of the choices they have made like the 3 channel BS but some of it was out of sheer desperation to try and move forward from a game that has literally had 2-3 major updates in the past 5 years. Don't sit here and tell me that before any of this happened that there were more people coming in than going out. This game isn't dieing because they are making sht updates, its dieing because there is a SERIOUS lack of content to strive for. Instead of asking why keep playing, ask yourself why you have played this long and why now of all times you are going to whine about quitting? what has changed so dramatically in game, pvp or PVM that makes you want to quit, if you are rellying on the market to play the game well sorry, get over it. If you are playing PVP then nothing has changed, if you are playing PVM you alchemy isn't any worse than it was 3 days ago. So again, tell me why now, out of all of the sht updates and things that have happened in the past 12 YEARS you are going to go on a rant about issues that are arising because of the game itself being out of date, not the GM's or Gameforge, the only issue here is that no one is seeing that the game itself is dead content. Either get over the content or get over the game.
    • I agree with you...the rate of succes in this game just simply sucks...used a dozen of magic stones to try make my shoes+8 and guess...or making a bow+6 with handbook from IS...guess about that too...This game just simply reached my limits and not worth a penny to spend on anymore...I have had enough of this. In 2008 when i started there was no alchemy, sash,pets, seals, whatsoever....Not worth those precious hours to spend while the game doesn't give anything back! NOT a success...Nothing...peace out
    • fenceboard wrote:

Either get over the content or get over the game.
      True. You cope with it or simply just leave.
      If you think any of the superiors gonna come up to you and beg you not to leave,
      well they won't. You leaving won't change a thing. So, you can either keep playing and adapt to it or
      move on with something else better to your liking. The metin2 scene in DE TR or AE way BIGGER compared to UK.
      Some people liked the changes and some people don't. Pick your poison.
    • I don't expect anyone to ask me to "please stay" and I am not even whining. It was an honest question: is there anything in the pipeline that would make this game interesting again. I agree with fenceboard that this game is dying or is already dead. Yes, more people are leaving than coming and the introduction of event servers is not the solution. I still have hope for mergers, but not with servers that are more dead than the UK server already is. And to why ask this question now? You right, maybe i should have asked this 3 years ago or even 5 tears ago. Maybe this release was the hair that broke the camel's back. I don't know if there are new developments coming. That is the question. I just hope they would, for once, take the players interest at heart in stead of their wallet.
    • no matter how much players will complain about stuff those pro content makers from webzen or gameforge will do what comes up in their mind. About the Mythic alchemy its kinda funny for me atleast they said at the 18.4 update when they didnt add they will think about the mythic alchemy since like 95% of ppl didnt like it so they wanted to "re-work" it but all they did was add those bonus changers they didnt change anything at all haha also that time spiral in IS for bio missions is the biggest joke i probably seen in a while. Its a good idea with it but how they present it is a big joke 39 dc for only 10% time off? no ty hahahah. With some changes they are doing good, they have some good ideas but they ruin it with other ideas sadly

• cifoks wrote:

no matter how much players will complain about stuff those pro content makers from webzen or gameforge will do what comes up in their mind. About the Mythic alchemy its kinda funny for me atleast they said at the 18.4 update when they didnt add they will think about the mythic alchemy since like 95% of ppl didnt like it so they wanted to "re-work" it but all they did was add those bonus changers they didnt change anything at all haha also that time spiral in IS for bio missions is the biggest joke i probably seen in a while. Its a good idea with it but how they present it is a big joke 39 dc for only 10% time off? no ty hahahah. With some changes they are doing good, they have some good ideas but they ruin it with other ideas sadly
      Switchting has been added, which is fair. Otherwise mythic exce ruby would be over 1000 won
    • thing was ppl didnt even want Mythic alchemy at all so at that time the dear GF and Webzen ppl said they will figure out something that ppl will like but they didnt change anything with the alchemy just added the changers. Maybe im wrong but since Ymir was gone when Webzen bought it Metin2 went down for the last 3 years metin lost alot of players

• The Main Reason why players leave is the community. This is a MMORPG and players solo and keep everything for themselves. No one goes now to party a boss. They better make 2-3 accounts. Don't blame the developers. Blame the market and the players. This are only the same old players who over years keept digging. I came back after years and see a lot of improvement in the game. And I don't see players report bugs when they happen. Not to add that bots used by players still run around and no one does a thing about it.
      Wouldn't be so hard to make your items if you farm a certain thing in parties of 4-8. Everyone will get to shear.
      On other games I played. I never played alone.
      Since I restarted 3months ago. I didn't receive any help from other players. I had to solo everything. Is getting depressing and I am looking for other games with better community.

And for the game development. Get this server stable. Why Commet with few players gets 6 channels and you keep on Universalis thousands of player and same amount of metins. You won't get your coin if the players leave.
      ">
    • honestly, I like to play here,i do not want to give up my accounts but something makes me do it
      I chose to play another community because here i have more gaps

what i do not like at all is the lack of people
      item prices are very high and you find very hard something good

new and merged servers are in vain here

on a new server here plays up to 5 players and you see 3 stores in blue

As an idea

It would be good to open a new server,internationally, and maybe over 8-12 months to be merged

But as long as servers are open to other communities like DE,RO,TR,ES,PL etc people choose to play their communities

here you can find just old players who will not give up their accounts for a new server or other community

anyway the topic is open for nothing, here the moderators are in vain and staff do not really care about our opinions
    • I think our UK staff care what ppl say they probably agree also about some misstakes that gameforge and webzen make but its just sad when gameforge is saying they care about players opinions but when updates come it doesnt really look like it that they care about any opinion, There should be developers who actually know how things are going ingame not just on UK but also other servers

• I opened a topic and do not let me say my point.Stay on and block this answer. Thank you

I want to say my point about the latest update.
      Instead of solving problems with: - crash problems, kick when u open shop,teleport etc
      - problem with ch change
      - 6 ch
      They either thought about making an update to alchemy.After they took out the shards,it was also a good source of profit for a small player.
      80% of the players after the beta did not agree with this update.Why did you ask us if you want this alchemy? The poll was done in vain.After you play for fun you have to spend two years doing mythical alchemy.

The event that is now profitable but for people who have time and spend over 6-8 hours a day on the game.

I have 2 hours a day, do i have a chance to do alchemy now?
      15-20% think they have left this update

There have been 2 large updates in the last 5 years:
      - lykan and lv 120 the rest was null and for the money

Thanks for updating. I'm waiting for you to rent for the deposit
    • Reaperess wrote:

The Main Reason why players leave is the community. This is a MMORPG and players solo and keep everything for themselves. No one goes now to party a boss. They better make 2-3 accounts. Don't blame the developers. Blame the market and the players. This are only the same old players who over years keept digging. I came back after years and see a lot of improvement in the game. And I don't see players report bugs when they happen. Not to add that bots used by players still run around and no one does a thing about it.
      Wouldn't be so hard to make your items if you farm a certain thing in parties of 4-8. Everyone will get to shear.
      Since I restarted 3months ago. I didn't receive any help from other players. I had to solo everything. Is getting depressing and I am looking for other games with better community.

And for the game development. Get this server stable. Why Commet with few players gets 6 channels and you keep on Universalis thousands of player and same amount of metins. You won't get your coin if the players leave.
      Should have joined Chunjo / OldSkool guild! xD
      We make tons of runs with full groups, we even do dragon sometimes with 8 people lol. Obviously at times we do a few solo runs to make some quick cash, but overall we try to help each other with runs. I mean I could solo zodiac run, but where's the fun in that? Same for dragon, much more fun in helping people and enjoying the game together. There's plenty of people on this server who are willing to help each other, not bcz they gain from it, but bcz they like it. But yeah also tons of people who are selfish. Just got to choose the right people to play with! ^^
      :ohyeah: :beer: :luvu: :cookie2: :thumbsup:
    • I must add to that that it's tempting for many players to solo runs because the runs are too easy to solo because of the possibilities to have sick gear and items. Making blue dragon run harder was a nice update, because now fewer people can solo it, resulting in more teamwork again. In my opinion, they may/should make jotun/nemere/razador/blue dragon a lot harder so you HAVE to work together! Bring back the teamwork GameForge!
      There's hardly any PvP on the servers because there are so many maps now to do PvM in, but make PvM more appealing then instead of the dull solo (but obviously rewarding) runs! 8o :gaming1: :beer: :ohyeah: :luvu: :stick:
    • I still haven't found that edit posts button, so here another new post with an addition xD suwwy :evil:
      By introducing mythical alchemy (which is nice and cool in itself!) they made PvM runs even easier than they already were ;( ;( ;(
      Now the next update should/must increase the difficulty of PvM runs again to balance it all again! #makePvMmoredifficultplease :love:
    • You can't edit. Pls ban Shanez for cumulative spam. tyvm good night sweet dream take care have fun.

B.9.II "Backseat Modding" is also not allowed. This includes but not limited to when a users may post like a Moderator saying (when he is not the thread starter) "Thread Closed".

warning for a minor offense issued

skilgannon
    • Shanez wrote:

Reaperess wrote:

[i]The Main Reason why players leave is the community. This is a MMORPG and players solo and keep everything for themselves. No one goes now to party a boss. They better make 2-3 accounts. Don't blame the developers. Blame the market and the players. This are only the same old players who over years keept digging. I came back after years and see a lot of improvement in the game. And I don't see players report bugs when they happen. Not to add that bots used by players still run around and no one does a thing about it. [/i]

Should have joined Chunjo / OldSkool guild! xDWe make tons of runs with full groups, we even do dragon sometimes with 8 people lol. Obviously at times we do a few solo runs to make some quick cash, but overall we try to help each other with runs. I mean I could solo zodiac run, but where's the fun in that? Same for dragon, much more fun in helping people and enjoying the game together. There's plenty of people on this server who are willing to help each other, not bcz they gain from it, but bcz they like it. But yeah also tons of people who are selfish. Just got to choose the right people to play with! ^^
      :ohyeah: :beer: :luvu: :cookie2: :thumbsup:
      I am sure my agressive way of playing wont be a fit in your playing family guild. Beside I left Chunjo for this main reason (been there done that). I am not going to ritually smootch the tree and play the happy family house. Now when I am level 96 I dont need anyone's help with horse mission.

cifoks wrote:

I think our UK staff care what ppl say they probably agree also about some misstakes that gameforge and webzen make but its just sad when gameforge is saying they care about players opinions but when updates come it doesnt really look like it that they care about any opinion, There should be developers who actually know how things are going ingame not just on UK but also other servers
      They do care beacuse players bring the coin, but also the players need to report bugs and they also need to make decisions about this game. What Gameforge needs is a Beta server where they give u tons of items and exp to test the maps. Beside is easy to implement something new in a game then just sort out the bugs.

I dont know how you dont find rooms and metins guys cause whenever is event or just for farming I find the metin right there. May be is just me.
      ">
    • To return on-topic ( :ohyeah: )
      One good reason to not quit is that you will loose all you've done until now.
      Honestly i prefer to try in few months to upgrade my alchy patiently, rather than quit and ''loose'' all the items etc. i managet to get until now.

It depend mostly on where are you at now.
      The only problem with new alchy is the dss bonus (full wheel) i heard is about 5%... thats too much advantage compared to who want to mount legy only!