Dragon scroll in Comet(temp) server

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dragon scroll in Comet(temp) server

Me and a lot of players in this server complains about success chance on dragon scroll. Wiki says it`s 10% better chance for success than blessing scroll, but I think there is an bug. How it`s possible to use 10 dragon scrolls in a row for Silver bracelet from +0 and it goes max to +3 and drop to +0 again? In same time blessing scrolls made 6 success in a row. I am not the only one who get worse success chance. I just wonder if can be reported to be checked.
      Thanks
    • The same happens with blacksmith handbook i succ more with bless than either of them
      “It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
      Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
      It lies behind stars and under hills,
      And empty holes it fills,
      It comes first and follows after,
      Ends life, kills laughter.”
    • 100% agree with this but it could just be bad luck I guess.

The dragon scrolls I legit have around 15-20% success on 100+ scrolls.

The normal Blessings are a little better I feel like 35% or so still feels a lot lower than other servers i've played.

But for me seems like both scrolls have way lower success rate than just the regular smith.
    • I don't play on Comet, but if the same complaint applies to other servers , then I might have an observation to this:

If you know what carpet bombing is ( if not , google it) then don't "carpet upgrade" meaning that do not make tens of upgrades in a rapid succesion of time, IE: in the same day or even worse, same hour and so on. I say this from upgrading items at the guild blacksmith ( so just like the DS, the guild blacksmith has +10% success) and failing lots of items from a "upgrading marathon" (concrete ex.: try upgrade 15 +0 EE`s to +9 in the same moment, failed and remained with 1 EE+7,and this same scenario happened many times with different items)So the same "fail rate" applies even to guild blacksmith if you force ur hand and make many upgrades a day. So if the smith with 10% success chance might not hold after a "carpet upgrading" session , why would the DS ...

Best way to put it is that when you upgrade something, you have like an invisible "pool of luck" that u use ..something like animaspheres, it replenishes over time just like the animaspheres replenish (usually the next day) but if you use all of the animaspheres, then you're out of the "safe zone" and start to fail strong, going into a downward spiral, so just make a few upgrades a day if the items level is not too low ( if it is , like silver bracelet upgraded at guild smith , from +0 to +4 u have pretty extremely high chance to succeed, so u can upgrade dozens, but if you're upgrading lvl 61 helms from +6 to +7 ,upgrade just 3-4 helms 1 upgrade each), then rinse n repeat the other day. So the idea is that this pool of luck is somewhat direct proportional to the quality and quantity of upgrades you make ( quality in that if you upgrade and succeed at low level items, it wont take much from the "pools " strength, but if you succeed a 105 weapon +9, then u might be better of stoping the upgrades in that day, and the quantity,the more u upgrade , the less chance to succeed for the next item)... So if this is true then ur succesfull upgrades per day are counted. xD

Also, there are some ppl in this thread saying that they have used over 7 DS on an item and ended up with unsatisfying results: KrazeeDuck, cr1sti, and Saddler.
      Did you use all of the Dragon Scrolls in the same day or upgraded like 1-2 upgrades per day , or other paterns ?
    • Nexus wrote:

I don't play on Comet, but if the same complaint applies to other servers , then I might have an observation to this:

If you know what carpet bombing is ( if not , google it) then don't "carpet upgrade" meaning that do not make tens of upgrades in a rapid succesion of time, IE: in the same day or even worse, same hour and so on. I say this from upgrading items at the guild blacksmith ( so just like the DS, the guild blacksmith has +10% success) and failing lots of items from a "upgrading marathon" (concrete ex.: try upgrade 15 +0 EE`s to +9 in the same moment, failed and remained with 1 EE+7,and this same scenario happened many times with different items)So the same "fail rate" applies even to guild blacksmith if you force ur hand and make many upgrades a day. So if the smith with 10% success chance might not hold after a "carpet upgrading" session , why would the DS ...

Best way to put it is that when you upgrade something, you have like an invisible "pool of luck" that u use ..something like animaspheres, it replenishes over time just like the animaspheres replenish (usually the next day) but if you use all of the animaspheres, then you're out of the "safe zone" and start to fail strong, going into a downward spiral, so just make a few upgrades a day if the items level is not too low ( if it is , like silver bracelet upgraded at guild smith , from +0 to +4 u have pretty extremely high chance to succeed, so u can upgrade dozens, but if you're upgrading lvl 61 helms from +6 to +7 ,upgrade just 3-4 helms 1 upgrade each), then rinse n repeat the other day. So the idea is that this pool of luck is somewhat direct proportional to the quality and quantity of upgrades you make ( quality in that if you upgrade and succeed at low level items, it wont take much from the "pools " strength, but if you succeed a 105 weapon +9, then u might be better of stoping the upgrades in that day, and the quantity,the more u upgrade , the less chance to succeed for the next item)... So if this is true then ur succesfull upgrades per day are counted. xD

Also, there are some ppl in this thread saying that they have used over 7 DS on an item and ended up with unsatisfying results: KrazeeDuck, cr1sti, and Saddler.
      Did you use all of the Dragon Scrolls in the same day or upgraded like 1-2 upgrades per day , or other paterns ?
      So many people in metin2 making their own theories. I doubt there's a system. It's just RNG.
    • Might be just rng, if yes, then no reason to argue here after we reached this conclusion, let's assume it's not so ... if you fail low level items that much there might be a pattern.
      Silver Brac or EEs dont have that much of a fail rate, and if u fail from +0 to +1 or cant seem to reach a reasonable + after that many DSs ,then again , it might be a pattern. I suspect it has to do with rapid upgrading ..so if those 3: KrazeeDuck, cr1sti, and Saddler and even more would like to tell us wheter they upgraded their items in the same day or took daily breaks between upgrading ..we might start to see a pattern, because if 10 players come and tell they failed on avg 10 DSs upgrading low lvl items ( so items that cant fail that much when upgraded ,at least at lower +),a pattern might arise.

We as players don't have access to the m2 algorithms but what we can do is observe the empirical evidence, IE: John failed silver brac+9 90/100 times when it was raining (you can swtich rain for "rapid upgrade session"), and try to derive conclusions from it like : maybe the "rain" caused the brace to fail, so the rain is bad for success chance, and then test the conclusion, like upgrade on wheater without rain, and if the conclusion holds (meaning it has positive outcome for the success chance over long periods of time) like now john fail rate is only 50/100 times, then accept the conclusion as a rule when upgrading.

So again, those 3 which names i've BOLDED, can u tell us how u upgraded?
    • There's no telling to guess upgrade success. The upgrade system is complex and is changing all the time. Every day, every hour and even the place being has different rates.

Why do I 2 click zodiac blade to +8 and 1 to +9?
      1 click fireshoes to +8?
      1 click 90+9 epic lycan armor?

All done with blacksmith handbook.

I rarely succeed with dragon scroll. I remember upgrading titan shield and heaven tear stuff with it.

Imo the best way to test upgrade rate is dark dragons items. With blessing scroll you won't pass +6.
      When we jump, it feels like the world is sliding out of place. But I wonder why it feels so long today...
    • I tried everything in one minute, my silver bracelet went to +8 2 times... both failed with blessing scroll but then i tried with dragon scrolls and faild till +3...

so something is wrong right? maybe fix something? isn't that supposed to give + 10% success? how can i fail a falcon shield to +2 ? 2 times !