Thought about metin2 international fusion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thought about metin2 international fusion

Hello everyone. I did a post in the spanish community about an idea and the future-obligation of a fusion of national servers in a Global EU server.

I'll translate my message andI want to know your opinion because is spain I think that they aren't agree with me.

Spanish quote:

Morso wrote:

Hola a todos. Llevo entre 8 y 9 años jugando a Metin2. en el transcurso de estos años he jugado a servidores oficiales, he jugado servidores privados, he creado y administrado servidores privados (espero que esto no sea censurable ni sancionable) y muchas cosas más.

El tema es que la parte de los servidores privados se está debilitando mucho, se están yendo los jugadores de los privados porque no valen la pena y vosotros, tanto los de gameforge como webzen, no habéis sabido aprovechar esto.

¿De verdad vale la pena tener tan fraccionado el juego? (me refiero en servidores por lenguaje)
      Metin2.es está prácticamente vacío comparado con años atrás, he entrado a metin2.en, a su servidor global EU, (ya que el US y el servidor Sol están más vacíos todavía que metin2.es). En este servidor he hablado con 3 personajes de nivel alto, uno de la República Checha el cual me comentaba que en los servidores de su pais pasaba lo mismo que aquí, que no hay jugadores y que al Global EU le falta gente. Otro era italiano y me decía lo mismo, que faltaba gente en el Global EU y otro jugador que no se de donde es pero comentaba lo mismo.

A lo que voy es que en el servidor ingles, encontré gente de varias nacionalidades y no se encontraban en el servidor de su país. ¿Y esto a que es debido? A que no hay gente.

¿No sería mejor para Gameforge intentar unificar más las regiones de servidores? Hacer un servidor global como se hace en prácticamente todos los juegos, con un cliente multi-lenguaje donde todos los jugadores jueguen juntos.

En mi opinión, hay que unir a los jugadores, la gente que se va de los privados no vuelve al oficial porque se comenta que no hay gente como antes y la verdad es que estoy de acuerdo, hasta que no paréis de hacer servidores en todas las regiones simplemente para sacar dinero, iréis matando a Metin2 poco a poco.

English (traslation)

Morso wrote:

Hello everyone. I have played Metin2 between 8 and 9 years. On this years I have played in official servers, i have played privates servers, I have done private servers and a more things relationated with metin2.

Private-server's community is going in decrease, a lot of people are leaving the privated server because the dont worth nothing and gameforge/webzen don't take advantage of this situation.

Do you think that worth to have a fractional Metin2?
      Metin2.es is empty if we compare it with past years, I have played on metin2.en (on the Global EU server) because I saw that global US and Sol are empty too. On this server I was talking with 3 characters of differents nationalities. Their national server is empty like Spanish server. I realized that a lot of national servers are empty and there isn't solution for this problem. Why this lack of people?

Wouldn't it be betther if Gameforge join all of this server on a Global/International server?
      In my opinion, they should make a International server where exists a multi-languaje client and close all this empty servers unifying all the communities.

I would know your opinion.

I'm so sorry for my bad english and my problems with the english syntax.
      Kind reegards
    • like the idea, as the global eu server is slowly dying pretty much and many servers like corvinia etc. came out at the same time they should fusion all these "new" servers together many people are leaving from day to day because many people left already the server and like this its not fun to play the game anymore and alone. And i think these events youre making right now wont help getting those players back.
    • f1ashyyy wrote:

like the idea, as the global eu server is slowly dying pretty much and many servers like corvinia etc. came out at the same time they should fusion all these "new" servers together many people are leaving from day to day because many people left already the server and like this its not fun to play the game anymore and alone. And i think these events youre making right now wont help getting those players back.
      I'm agree. Thanks for your reply.
    • I've sent a ticket about this issue to the gameforge support. Just in case if you guys wanted to know im gonna post it here.

Here is what i said about the issue :

Dear support team,

I have a 86 level warrior and I've been playing in this server since the day it was released. I'm pretty sure you are aware that there's a HUGE amount of decrease in players on GLOBAL EU. From my perspective, as a long-time player, here is the problem:
      Most people had huge expectations about the server being steam only when it was announced. Many thought that it was a seperate server that is only accessible through steam. And when people found out it was just another server under the UK servers, people stopped playing.
      I had many friends and when they found this out, they all went back to Turkish Metin2 servers. I'm hoping you are aware that Turkish community is huge, on both global and turkish servers but unfortunately more and more turkish players stop playing in global servers. But beside this, here is a bigger problem: People are having troubles of playing in English language. That's why they are going back to their own servers. Not everyone has decent english to do all quests etc.

AND on the rest of my ticket, i told them something to fix this issue.

I told them , if people were able to play on GLOBAL EU server in their OWN language, some will come back. As far as i heard from people, they are returning to their own languaged servers because they are having problems on English client.
      This change can definetely gather many players and increase in GLOBAL players will make this game much more fun. Bringing an option for people to play in their own languaged client will help saving the GLOBAL server.

And i know that this thing is arrangeable, it can be easily done just in 1 update.

Here is their response:

thanks for the feedback.
      Few comments though. The whole mess in the beginning with the steam only server info was false and was explained.
      In addition the server is only available in english. Other languages are not available.

Best regards
      Gfinder

GLOBAL EU keeps losing players everyday but Gameforge, once again, have no idea how to keep their players in a crisis situation.

The post was edited 1 time, last by LordGaben ().

• The solution is easy, migrate all the data and make a fusion of all european servers to this global EU. Most people left metin because the server was dieying and since they don't want to start over in another server they just stopped playing. Let them play with their chars in a populated server and it will be solved.
    • FilipeAmador wrote:

The solution is easy, migrate all the data and make a fusion of all european servers to this global EU. Most people left metin because the server was dieying and since they don't want to start over in another server they just stopped playing. Let them play with their chars in a populated server and it will be solved.
      The fusion is not a bad idea, until just a point. The GLOBAL EU is out there less than a year but other EU servers have been around for years. Imagine people with full +9 EQ and full alchemy and 120 level suddenly jump in. There's going to be a huge unbalanced play if that fusion happens.
      Maybe servers that has opened around the same date as GLOBAL EU, maybe that could be fair.
    • I strongly agree with you're ideia there would be a big unbalancing between the players, but the player population would increase by alot and so would the market , thats a good thing in my opinion there would be all sorts of items available from the ''TOP'' servers to buy from , not like in GLOBAL EU u have to wait several days/weeks to buy certain items (poison+9 etc) and plus the others servers that are dead would be ''reborn'' . About the PVP well irl isnt balanced neither so ,there isnt going to be balance never in Metin2 aslong as sPain's ,Desty's exist but im glad they exist they pay Gameforge for us scrubs that barely put any cash here so im grateful to them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by badninjaPT ().

• LordGaben wrote:

FilipeAmador wrote:

The solution is easy, migrate all the data and make a fusion of all european servers to this global EU. Most people left metin because the server was dieying and since they don't want to start over in another server they just stopped playing. Let them play with their chars in a populated server and it will be solved.
      The fusion is not a bad idea, until just a point. The GLOBAL EU is out there less than a year but other EU servers have been around for years. Imagine people with full +9 EQ and full alchemy and 120 level suddenly jump in. There's going to be a huge unbalanced play if that fusion happens.Maybe servers that has opened around the same date as GLOBAL EU, maybe that could be fair.

You are more than right. But let's say most of the players who play GLOBAL EU are players which previously have played in another european server, they probabily already have nice items which they would like to transfer here.

Another important thing is, probabily some of us have used some money in metin2 and dedicated a lot to one character. Start over in this conditions may be impossible, and most players just quit. If those players new about their items and characters could be played again in a global populated friendly server they would probabily come back.

Who knows about the future. We have to wait and see.
    • I Agree to the Server-Fusion or smth. like this.
      GLOBAL EU is really fast dying. You Gameforge need to do smth agains that.
      Every day is see 10 shops less in map1. I tinkt maybe in one Month the Server is complete dead, because all think its dying and leaving aswell.
      If i see only 20 shops in map1 i will leave also.
      At this moment I'm annoyed, because German NEW Servers like Corvinia are 10 times fuller... AT the beginning GLOBALEU was 10 times fuller...

SO i want, that u do smth, like transfer Servers between Comunities or giving us only the posibility to choose where we want go. Turky, Germany or whatever.
      Dont say it isnt possible, few years ago, they say the same about the fusion iniide a country.. and what? It is possible!

If u dont want go so far, maybe you should do a Multilingual Client, more Promotions for ONLY GLOBALEU, and not the other Countrys aswell. I mean exklusiv events for GLOBALEU or whatever.

Like Play for 12hours and get 50 dragon coins and so on. ANd this only for us.
      Over and out

EDIT: Sorry for my bad english skills, that is mabye not only my problem on global xD
    • Devorra wrote:

I Agree to the Server-Fusion or smth. like this.
      GLOBAL EU is really fast dying. You Gameforge need to do smth agains that.
      Every day is see 10 shops less in map1. I tinkt maybe in one Month the Server is complete dead, because all think its dying and leaving aswell.
      If i see only 20 shops in map1 i will leave also.
      At this moment I'm annoyed, because German NEW Servers like Corvinia are 10 times fuller... AT the beginning GLOBALEU was 10 times fuller...

SO i want, that u do smth, like transfer Servers between Comunities or giving us only the posibility to choose where we want go. Turky, Germany or whatever.
      Dont say it isnt possible, few years ago, they say the same about the fusion iniide a country.. and what? It is possible!

If u dont want go so far, maybe you should do a Multilingual Client, more Promotions for ONLY GLOBALEU, and not the other Countrys aswell. I mean exklusiv events for GLOBALEU or whatever.

Like Play for 12hours and get 50 dragon coins and so on. ANd this only for us.
      Over and out

EDIT: Sorry for my bad english skills, that is mabye not only my problem on global xD
      And btw about the issue of appearing less shops in Jinno Country (Blue) a good portion of the shops that are ''disappearing'' is due to our yellow friends from the guild ''Patriotic'' that wake up in the early of the morning to call bosses near the shops and kill all the lvl 1 shops and lvl 15 +'s that aren't in the center of the city, ugh i hope they dont get too mad when some of they're shops magically disappear since they like to mess around with other people ^^
    • Allow us players to change the region

New

since many things with the global server blew up (crashes, no multilanguage,...,) and already 75% of the players left the server you should allow us to change regions. Cant u see that its a win win situation anyway for gameforge? people will go to another region where its full and start playing again but its not fun playing on a dead server no ones playing and since the boardadmin of this forum giving bad replies our hope of changing the region is also dying. Why cant u make once something that all the players want. It actually looks like gameforge is doing everything wrong and thinks that they are doing everything right. open your eyes gameforge players leaving and stopping to play from day to day and u lose their money =D.
    • New

we as a community should form against the gf team, restrict all of their servers and start a protest against them. i am sick of this team that only includes unskilled persons. i dont even wanna switch my country anymore, i just want them to die out.

#NOMOREMONEYFORGF
      #COMMUNITYPROJECT
    • New

So its hard but i will leave. It is not funny to see, that in market they are every day less shops.
      I think there are two options, that i dont stop playing metin.
      1. More player on GlobalEU, but this is impossible, the hype is over.
      2. I Can transfer my characters on an other NEW Server, like Corvinia.

I hope the point 2. is possible. Vote for it please!