Pinned Account Linking info and FAQ

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Account Linking info and FAQ

Dear players,

Available immediately, you now are able to link your Metin2 website accounts and Steam together. This then lets you freely choose between launching Metin2 via Steam or by using the website client as usual. You’ll be able to dive into the same game state and adventure from both platforms. You’ll profit from the advantages of both worlds – get the exclusive Steam DLCs and Trading Cards, secure great deals in Item-Shop, or enjoy a quick overview of all our latest events, offers and happy hours using the launcher version of the website.

By website account, we are in this instance referring to the account that you created on the Metin2 website. By Steam account, the account that was created on Steam if/when you played Metin2 there.

Depending on your starting point, the link will work in one of three ways:

• You already have an existing Metin2 website account and have already started Metin2 on Steam. As soon as you carry out the linking, you’ll be able to play on both platforms using the same account. Please note however that the game state of your Steam account will be overwritten by the Metin2 data on your website account. To ensure no data is lost, we will transfer the previous game state of your Steam account to a newly created website account. We will send you the login credentials for this via email.
      • You already have an existing Metin2 website account and have not yet played Metin2 on Steam. When you start Metin2 on Steam for the first time, you will have the option to link your website account directly. This way, you can in future use your website version game progress on the popular gaming platform.
      • You play Metin2 on Steam, but do not have a website account yet. On the Metin2.com website, click on the ‘Sign in through STEAM’ button and then create a new Metin2 website account. This will then automatically be linked with Steam. The game state of your Steam account will then be carried across to this newly created website account. In future you will be able to freely choose which platform you want to play Metin2 on.
      The following FAQ explains how to carry out the linking of your account in a step by step method.

The Metin2 Team

Display Spoiler
      Account Linking FAQ

Explanation of Terms
      Website Account – a Metin2 account that you created on the Metin2 website.
      Steam Account – a Metin2-Account that was created on Steam the moment that you launched the game there.
      Website Client – the client that you can download from Metin2.co.uk

How can I play the game state of my Metin2 website account on Steam also?

• Initial situation number 1: I have already started Metin2 on Steam and would like to now also use the game state of my website account on Steam too.
      • Initial situation number 2: I have not yet started Metin2 on Steam and would like to now also use the game state of my website account on Steam too.
      In both of these initial situations you have three possibilities to link your account:

Linking via Steam:

• Open Metin2 on Steam.
      • Click on the green button labelled ‘Link Steam to your Metin2 account now!’.
      • Then enter the login data for your existing website account and click on ‘Link Accounts’.
      • You will then be forwarded to Steam login. Enter your Steam details and confirm.
      • Provided you already have a Metin2 Steam account with created characters, you will be shown a list of your Steam characters. Characters, in-game or item shop currency or account-wide buffs will be moved to a newly created website account. You will not lose any game content.
      • Please double-check that your details are correct and then finally confirm the linking.
      • The Metin2 game data of your Steam account will now be overwritten by the data of your website account. You can now play on both platforms using your website account.
      • If you already had a Metin2 Steam account, we will send the login details for a newly set-up website account with the former Steam game status to the email address that is stored under your website account.
      Linking via the Metin2 website:

• Head to Metin2.co.uk
      • Go to ‘My Account’.
      • Click on the ‘Link Accounts’ button in the ‘Link your Metin2 account to Steam!’ section.
      • You will then be forwarded to Steam login. Enter your Steam details and confirm.
      • Provided you already have a Metin2 Steam account with created characters, you will be shown a list of your Steam characters. Characters, in-game or item shop currency or account-wide buffs will be moved to a newly created website account. You will not lose any game content.
      • Please double-check that your details are correct and then finally confirm the linking.
      • If you already had a Metin2 Steam account, we will send the login details for a newly set-up website account with the former Steam game status to the email address that is stored under your website account.
      Linking via Steam Login on the Metin2 website:

• Head to Metin2.co.uk
      • Click on ‘Sign in through STEAM’ on the right-side of the screen.
      • Click on the ‘Link Accounts’ button under the ‘Link your Metin2 account to Steam!’ section.
      • Then enter the login data for your existing Metin2 website account and click on ‘Link Accounts’.
      I play Metin2 on Steam, but do not have a website account yet. What do I need to do to use the game progress on Steam on the website client too?

• Head to Metin2.co.uk
      • Click on ‘Sign in through STEAM’ on the right-side of the screen.
      • Click on ‘Register and Link Accounts’ underneath ‘You still don’t have a Metin2 account?’.
      • Here, enter a username, an email address and a password and then confirm by clicking ‘Register and Link Accounts’.
      • After submitting the data, you will receive an email containing your details. For more account security, verify your email address during this step by clicking on the corresponding button.
      • Your Metin2 Steam account and your newly set up website account are now linked together.