Some questions about the pet system

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Some questions about the pet system

Hello everyone, i used to play Metin2 back in the day, and started playing again after 6 years (thanks to Steam) and now i'm introduced to new stuff that added to the game like pet system.

I just bought a monkey egg from a store, and unhatched it, and levelled the monkey to level 30, but the thing is, now it wants me to put ALOT of items for it to level up and that's losing me quite alot of money, and also, my pet's stats are very bad. It used to give only +%0.8 HP at level 1, and now it's level 30 and gives +%1.4, which is like 100 HP at most. This brings me up a question:

Q) If i let this pet die, and buy another egg, and then feed my dead pet to the new pet, will my old pet's 30 level be transferred to my new pet ?

If yes, then i can keep levelling this one with sacrificing my money, but if no, i'll just let him die and won't buy myself another pet until i get more rich.

I'm open for any advices you give me, like "keep the pet" or "just dont do it" kinda stuff, what would you do in my stead ?

MY MONKEY'S STATS:

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net…B8909AF7EC438358681A83DF/
    • let the pet die. Stats are not that good and for pet to be usefull it needs a much higher level which will be too costly for you for now. So I would just forget about Pet system for now
      당신이 한국인이거나 구글을 사용한다면이 숨겨진 서명을 읽을 수 있습니다.
    • kierrakennedy wrote:

Q) If i let this pet die, and buy another egg, and then feed my dead pet to the new pet, will my old pet's 30 level be transferred to my new pet ?
      No, pet experience is never transfered.
      Here is all you need to know:
      wiki.metin2.co.uk/index.php/Pet_System

If I were you I'd get a better monkey.
      First of all as you are a new player it'd be wise to get a monkey which has at least 7-9 days lifetime, so you won't have to feed it too often.
      Second factor is HP jumps which monkey has, there are two types of monkeys:
      1) The ones which have random HP jumps per 6 lvl (I do not recommend this one).
      2) The ones which have "fixed" HP jumps per 5 lvl and that is the one which you should get (the one which will have at least 0.4/0.5 HP jumps every 5 lvl).
      If you can farm monkey eggs on your own, do it. I assume your budget is now limited, so do not buy eggs, just try to farm 4/5 eggs and see what types of monkeys you will get.