What is the point to be an active player?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the point to be an active player?

I was really happy by the fact that metin came to steam. I felt confident enough about the feeling that I will play this game. Get back to it while it is not empty again.

Came to a really clear realization. What is the bloody point?

Finding grinding spot is impossible. It is either occupied by a cheater (bot user) or by the (to me) new feature from the IS, also a bloody bot. How do you even think you will keep your player base if there is no fight against in-game cheaters + your way of fighting is putting in your own lets say P2W bot just to annoy active players and pretty much have grind spots full of bots instead of active players who would actually like to play your game instead of letting some dumb program do all the job.

Congrats, you went to steam great idea, you killed the game yet again by not doing anything about the above mentioned things.

As much as I love the game there is no reason to put any time into this game. It would be interesting to fight with players for the spots, i refuse to fight not only with cheating bastards but also with your own bot program which would not be a problem if it was not KS from active players.

Wont last a month unless you change anything about your approach.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
    • Nice move. How about instead of dumping complain somewhere nobody reads it you go into game and start banning cheaters? No, to much to ask right? Busy neting profit from selling them cheats. GJ. Well done. RIP. Short live for your steam servers... max 1 month...
    • Trust me it stays on steam untill every single player is eliminated. Thereby, old players are dealing with this since the beginning. Bots are simply ants, there's too many of them and the only way to eliminate them is to throw boiled water. And at the moment the water ain't boiling. But ye I kinda hate them too.
      When we jump, it feels like the world is sliding out of place. But I wonder why it feels so long today...
    • yoh1len wrote:

Nice move. How about instead of dumping complain somewhere nobody reads it you go into game and start banning cheaters? No, to much to ask right? Busy neting profit from selling them cheats. GJ. Well done. RIP. Short live for your steam servers... max 1 month...
      I've been bannning arround 250 per day, plus what gfinder ban and what trinity bans

What about you, how about you go report instead of complaining not much to ask right?

And considering the ammount of hackers i've been banning, i've 0 tolerance for anyone that claims that nothing is beeing done

So this is a not so friendly warning to refrain from talking about and accusing people that are working much harder than you.

NEVER share your Game or Forum Account Credentials with ANYONE
    • skilgannon wrote:

yoh1len wrote:

Nice move. How about instead of dumping complain somewhere nobody reads it you go into game and start banning cheaters? No, to much to ask right? Busy neting profit from selling them cheats. GJ. Well done. RIP. Short live for your steam servers... max 1 month...
      I've been bannning arround 250 per day, plus what gfinder ban and what trinity bans
      What about you, how about you go report instead of complaining not much to ask right?

And considering the ammount of hackers i've been banning, i've 0 tolerance for anyone that claims that nothing is beeing done

So this is a not so friendly warning to refrain from talking about and accusing people that are working much harder than you
      if you all want to ban them so much why is there no in-game report so it is at least a lot easier to report them? All in game list of online GMs? Nah would be too ez... Thats so sad. So many years in dev and such essential feature is not in. :( GL banning them... i for all dont have time to go support every 5minutes i run into bot or cheater. But would report them constantly either by PM or by simple report button.

Also coming to steam you could have used valve anti-cheat if there was really any real effort to effectively or at least a little bit more effectively fight them.

and if you have 0 tolerance for anyone who says this well you should have 0 tolerance for cheaters and go for IP bans instead of acc bans... Once a cheater, always a cheater. ANd make profit by selling IP unban :p Make it as expansive as monthly bot subscription :D And pay extra attention to everyone who buys it.

And also dont take this as personal offense, this "rant" is more towards the company then you and your fellow metin2 staff. You just have to read it and forward it. As I am sure you do.
    • so much garbage in one post, sadly i don't have time to adress it point by point, but it's all simply garbage, there's no other way to put it, next i'll just remove it and be done with it

You have no idea how we ban, you just think you know, but you are wrong, like on everything else you have posted

NEVER share your Game or Forum Account Credentials with ANYONE
    • Holy @yoh1len you actually think that gameforge and such are the creator of the bot programs and that they dont try to do anything about it? Hilarious.

They do IP block people by the way, as I saw live on the guy(ShinsooKREW) streaming on youtube yesterday that was posted here on board. But then again he changed IP and is now back at it again. The guy himself said he couldn't fix it that late so he had to wait till the ISP was able to switch his IP. There is no such thing as selling IP-unblock or whatever you actually try to say. Anyone can call their ISP to say that their IP has been leaked or DDoS'ed and therefore need another IP to prevent it.

Just incredible how people think things actually work.
      :rolleye:
    • "...take too much time to PM and wait for a response..." -- your statement suggests that you are botfishing since when you fish normally you should be able to reply within 10 seconds :)

You will be asked if you're there, and then it's allright
      When we jump, it feels like the world is sliding out of place. But I wonder why it feels so long today...
    • Well i think a ingame report system would be great and even if gameforge choose to go with valve anti cheat it would probably get even more worse with more cheaters :D you can buy 10 euro cheat for cs go each month without getting banned for ages vavle anti cheat system is a joke but if your guys can't make a ingame report system atleast try to be more active in the way that people can see you not just going around in stealth mode :D i like the new server but i hate that i need to wait to 01:00 just to be able to farm. sorry for my shitty english
    • Well i understand that and when i see a botter i always report them but most of them is in map 2 so yeah idk atleast sometimes if your guys can try to be visible because it will help the game and the community on the long run and atleast you guys made so the auto hunt one is pretty easy to see when people are using it so you can easy tell the difference between a botter or just one using Itemshop but atm i am kinda forced to farm when its over midnight if i wanna farm map2 or orc fms island atleast on fms island there is not any botters but inap 2 there is a lot and sorry again for my shitty english :D but atleast your guys are doing something not like before where you had to wait 3-4 days just to get a answer from support so i am glad that finally happen something there :) but i hope you guys will do anything you can to support the new server and the old ones i know still people play on it because they are too lazy to start new :D but goodnight have fun and GL on banning :D