about yang buying :P

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• thing is though matey, many people on the forum feel as though that these people have been let off too lightly after their first ban, as they only lose the yang they have on their characters, and not the items they bought with it.
      one of the reasons why i gave my idea, its a bit more extreme and will help to further discourage people from even buying the yang in the first place, and also acts as a severe punishment for those who do
      it may be a little bit extreme but well deserved in my eyes.

CrimsonFury lvl 90 (lycan)

FlameShot lvl 70 (archery ninja)
      LilJheii lvl86 (dragon shaman)
      Axena lvl 86 (mental warrior, in retirement)
      Shannara lvl 86 (body warrior, in retirement)

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
    • Shannara wrote:

thing is though matey, many people on the forum feel as though that these people have been let off too lightly after their first ban, as they only lose the yang they have on their characters, and not the items they bought with it.
      one of the reasons why i gave my idea, its a bit more extreme and will help to further discourage people from even buying the yang in the first place, and also acts as a severe punishment for those who do
      it may be a little bit extreme but well deserved in my eyes.
      im not saying they dont deserve it..hell yeah! ofc they do..but some of them dont even know its illegal...and im ok with taking the bought items from that person...and also taking all the bought yang...but -yang is something that not every1 can deal with...and i dont belive they are let off too lightly :) i think they are being watched and observer most of the time...but -yang, taking all of the items is a bit too extreme and harsh for 1st offense(temp ban).. ;)
    • maybe so, but sometimes, an example has to be made to get the point across that it is illegal.
      then this example would have to be spread around, and people will not buy yang from them anymore if the consequences are too steep, seeing as some people obviously still risk it...

• i doubt that would work...u would just take it out on some1 who maybe didnt know it was illegal...this way is fine as far as im concerned...temp ban as a warning, then perm ban...
    • Sun Guru wrote:

But you are only taking into consideration one facet of those punished. Would you find it fair to perma ban someone who honestly didn't know it was illegal, prolly coming from another game that does allow it legally?
      As stated elsewhere in this forum about a non-related matter - Its clearly written in the terms and conditions which you HAVE to agree to before you can create an account.

5.4.The user may under no circumstances
      a) create or use cheats, mods and/or hacks, and any other third party software products that may change the result of the online games,
      b) use software, that allows "data mining" or otherwise intercepts or collects information in connection with the online games,
      c) use outside of online games, buy for "real" money or sell or swap virtual objects that are used in online games.This includes all evasions, similar actions or actions that match in their effect the aforementioned bans.

The above is C&P directly from the T&C that you are directed to and that you have to confirm that you have read and understood during the registration process.

I am fully in favour of Perm bans on the first offence as you confirmed that you READ AND UNDERSTOOD that to do so will result in your account being BANNED. Basically "I didn't know" is their own problem as they ticked the little box stating they read and understood this rule when they created their account.

As for the negative yang balance, It will not be much of a penalty to reduce the debt as they already have the equipment (bought with the illegally bought yang) to do so quickly. They still benefit from the rule break by keeping the items they bought with the yang they purchased illegally and for which they received a "ban".
    • Domina wrote:

Sun Guru wrote:

But you are only taking into consideration one facet of those punished. Would you find it fair to perma ban someone who honestly didn't know it was illegal, prolly coming from another game that does allow it legally?
      As stated elsewhere in this forum about a non-related matter - Its clearly written in the terms and conditions which you HAVE to agree to before you can create an account.

5.4.The user may under no circumstances
      a) create or use cheats, mods and/or hacks, and any other third party software products that may change the result of the online games,
      b) use software, that allows "data mining" or otherwise intercepts or collects information in connection with the online games,
      c) use outside of online games, buy for "real" money or sell or swap virtual objects that are used in online games.This includes all evasions, similar actions or actions that match in their effect the aforementioned bans.

The above is C&P directly from the T&C that you are directed to and that you have to confirm that you have read and understood during the registration process.

I am fully in favour of Perm bans on the first offence as you confirmed that you READ AND UNDERSTOOD that to do so will result in your account being BANNED. Basically "I didn't know" is their own problem as they ticked the little box stating they read and understood this rule when they created their account.

As for the negative yang balance, It will not be much of a penalty to reduce the debt as they already have the equipment (bought with the illegally bought yang) to do so quickly. They still benefit from the rule break by keeping the items they bought with the yang they purchased illegally and for which they received a "ban".
      thats all nice and true...but tell me honestly, did u read terms&conditions? and do u think any1 does? ^^
      its their fault but we all know that maybe 5% of the players have read that... ;)
    • well obviously Domina didnt... seeing as whoever it was is now perm banned from the forum.
      its true most people tend to gloss over the T&C.
      oddly ive actually had a look at them xD

not sure if he/she quite got the idea of my negative yang balance idea correct. they will lose the amount of yang that they bought. in which case they WILL have to sell items to get their yang back up to 0 so they can buy pots and other stuff...

• Began playing here in the middle of 2007 and i remember some updates etc.
      First of all i remember that there were no spambots and other things.
      So first we should think on why they can stay on a sever now that was protected normaly/better used to be.
      If there is no spambot nobody will think on that selling or buying yang is legal or not....(but its in rule...)
      (i can imagine how many accounts banned daily by staff i was GM at other game ...)

About new player who doesn't know what is going on...so: its in terms of use...
      you click on that before playing that you read it. I know its not short and who cares but its written down....
      (dont go into a bank and take a loan if you dont want to read the "little letters" part) ---> this is a game but real money invested so keep reading before login...

And yes i think too if some1 wants to buy yang he will use 1 of his/her 10 accounts instead of main account.
    • Yes I took some time to peruse the T&C when I created my Game account. And no Shannara, my forum account is not permanently banned otherwise I wouldn't be posting here. My forum account is not your concern anyway and is not relevant to the topic of this thread. Yes I understood the negative balance idea and yes I agreed with it on first reading about it, but after further thought they will still benefit from their buying yang because they still have the lovely shiny items they bought with the illegal yang (they would use less pots with these items, they would kill faster, they will kill more). Even after they have paid their debt they will continue to benefit from it as they are items that they would not have had if they hadn't have bought yang. But I am still perplexed as to why the consequences of yang buying changed after a number of high lvl/well known players were banned. Will scammers get temporary bans next because they "didn't read the terms and conditions" which they had to acknowledge when creating their account? Because they "didn't know it was wrong"? If I was to go get myself a neat little third party software to get ahead in the game then get caught, I can just say "I didn't know I wasn't allowed to do it" and I will still have my account and everything I gained from using the software? I think not. I would be told that it is there in black and white and clear as crystal in the T&C's which I confirmed I had read and understood when I created my account. I don't see how illegally buying yang is any different.
    • The rules weren't changed only on this server, but were a Game Forge wide policy. That means that all servers run by Game Forge have the same policy towards Yang Buyers as we do and doesn't really reflect an idea that this was introduced only when a couple of high levelers were banned.

ex-BA @ Metin2.co.uk - ex-BA @Metin2.com

- Retired -

It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can stop him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important - MLK
    • My suggestion to team is:

You're downloading the game->T&C pops up and you have to agree to it before stepping into the game.

Ontopic, its gameforge fauld that those yangsellers are here and new/old players can be desperate about farming yangs.
      But players ruin this game aswell with to high prices:

soulstone 13kk :LMAO:
      BSA +4 66kk

And i dont have to continue if you catch my point.
    • when I saw this thread I just had to laugh...

teek how much real life money did you spent on games...

probebly alot.

I just dislike any1 who says buying yang is "bad" and then spends thousands of euros to item shop.

Buying yang is just as bad as buying item shops, becuz its making the game and the players unbalanced, cuz some1 dont care bout real life money and spend alot to get better. and others just play and buy items with normal yang

just cuz the yang buying is bad for the profit of gameforge they ban these people...of course they have the right to do it...and they should ban all yang buyers

its just funny that some1 who profits from real life money, says this all...
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Corum:
      Level 76 Body Warrior
      Meang:
      level 78 Weaponry Sura
      FengDu
      level 76 Body warrior
    • :LMAO2: :LMAO2:
      dude..roflmao xDDDDDDD i dont need u to beleive me but the friends in game know that i always hunted for yang with THIEF GLOVE( only thing i buy myself from item shop) metins,bosses...to let u know u were little player when i was hunting reaper and reaper boxes were selling in jinno at 10kk eachin 5 mins after shop opened i made lots of yang by that and bought bonused items.lol ur rly funny if i wouldve invested myself i wouldve been lvl 90 + now..i dont want to show off but ur funny really haha
      just cuz i have some good bonused items doesnt mean i have to invest money in game....u must know where to start a bussiness from and gather yang for those guys who sell bonused items...even u know there was that shop with +4-6 items in jinno all time thats where i got all i have now upgraded and so on :)
    • Leyawin wrote:

when I saw this thread I just had to laugh...

teek how much real life money did you spent on games...

probebly alot.

I just dislike any1 who says buying yang is "bad" and then spends thousands of euros to item shop.

Buying yang is just as bad as buying item shops, becuz its making the game and the players unbalanced, cuz some1 dont care bout real life money and spend alot to get better. and others just play and buy items with normal yang

just cuz the yang buying is bad for the profit of gameforge they ban these people...of course they have the right to do it...and they should ban all yang buyers

its just funny that some1 who profits from real life money, says this all...
      Profit itemshop goes to --> Gameforge
      Profit illegal yang buying goes to --> non-Gameforge-related-organisation

Gameforge uses the money to keep servers running and keep getting upgrades.
      non-Gameforge-related-organisation don't keep servers running, don't improve this game.

=

Buying in itemshop is not the same as illegal yang buying:)
      Think Before You Act.

BelgIsLoose lvl 120
      DronkenBelg lvl 105
      sarvas lvl 105

First Player level 120
      DronkenBelg PvP: Immortality
    • :goodposting: If u don't like servers with item-shop items u should try one of that ugly P servers where u can make lvl 90 in few days.

on: For old players wich buy yang from that bots should be an permanent ban. If u have over 10-15k minutes IG u should know is illegal to buy yang.
    • kidalex wrote:

:goodposting: If u don't like servers with item-shop items u should try one of that ugly P servers where u can make lvl 90 in few days.

on: For old players wich buy yang from that bots should be an permanent ban. If u have over 10-15k minutes IG u should know is illegal to buy yang.
      The bold letters is solution.. who have over 10-15k minutes IG should know already about that and should get permanent ban.. :)