You are not logged in.

Main Page
       Wiki Portal
       Support
       Team Lists
       Pillory
       Board Rules        In-Game Rules
You wish to be part of the Metin 2 UK Team?
GM Application: OPEN!

Moderator Application: Closed!
Wiki Moderator Application: OPEN!
How to prevent being scammed? - How to prevent being hacked?

Dear visitor, welcome to Metin 2 UK. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sameer

Professional

• "Sameer" started this thread

Character Class: None

Kingdom: Chunjo

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 4:52pm

URL/metin2_hshield_9795.torrentErrorCode12002TORRENT_NOT_FOUND

I cannot update the metin2 client
i get this error: URL/metin2_hshield_9795.torrentErrorCode12002TORRENT_NOT_FOUND

i know there are threads already about it but they din't have any answer.
i tried patch updater, but it still runs the torrent client, and it gets stuck at 90% and 46% with lots of peers but not even a single goddam seed. I tried to manually find the hackshield patch and put it in my folder, but unfortunately the torrent location itself doesn't have the hack shield files.[the same location which is shown on the updater - http://patch.metin-2.com/metin2_common_f_817_9964_1.torrent ----> i downloaded this entire thing, which is 760 mb, and it freaking doesn't have the hack sheild files. am i missing something here?

don't give stupid suggestions such as download it again, reinstall it, uninstall it and reinstall it, download from main site, delete it, run patch updater, run as administrator, kill your self, etc etc. i am looking for a real solution to this problem because every time there is a patch i have the same problem every time and i am stuck at the hack sheild update, dunno how many more patches i need to download. I really hate this metin2 torrent system, old one was much better. please help i've been trying to come back to the game for over 6 months now lol

ty

Sameer, a.k.a - SJ
Leader Phalanx

you can find me here --->Metin2 Fan Club

Jabersen

Trainee

In-Game Character: Jabersen

Level: 75

Character Class: Weaponry Sura

Kingdom: Jinno

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 6:33pm

today i had the same thing , i restart my computer and i open the Metin2.exe by " Run as Administrator " and it work :) hope it work for you too

Sameer

Professional

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 12:26pm

still need help, i manually got the files and placed them in the folder, now it checks files and stops at 99% now what?

Sameer, a.k.a - SJ
Leader Phalanx

Jabersen

Trainee

In-Game Character: Jabersen

Level: 75

Character Class: Weaponry Sura

Kingdom: Jinno

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 1:26pm

1st: look this problem can only be from your internet administrator , when Torrent Port Close you cant update metin or run it if its missing some files , check your internet admin .

2nd: if 1st solution didn't work , Put Metin2UK on USB then remove metin2UK files from your computer then restart it , go to some Internet Cafe or to a friend , try to Run the Metin2.exe from the USB ( don't try to move it to the Computer ) when it work put it on your Computer and run it ( it will work 100% i did that before )

3rd: best place to ask about that problem is here > http://Support.metin2.co.uk

Sameer

Professional

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 1:37pm

1st: look this problem can only be from your internet administrator , when Torrent Port Close you cant update metin or run it if its missing some files , check your internet admin .

2nd: if 1st solution didn't work , Put Metin2UK on USB then remove metin2UK files from your computer then restart it , go to some Internet Cafe or to a friend , try to Run the Metin2.exe from the USB ( don't try to move it to the Computer ) when it work put it on your Computer and run it ( it will work 100% i did that before )

3rd: best place to ask about that problem is here > http://Support.metin2.co.uk

1. i can run other metin2 servers[metin2 uae, usa,etc] fine, so i don't think its problem with the port
2. i have metin2 uk on my pc and laptop both have the same problem, and both runs other metin2 clients very easily. dont know abt the usb trick tho, i dont want to play metin using usb always:S
3. support will take 1 week to give me a reply ' hi i will look into the issue'.

but thx anyways let me see if the usb trick works

Sameer, a.k.a - SJ
Leader Phalanx

eclectic

Teh eccy <(^_°)<

Kingdom: None

Monday, August 9th 2010, 2:33pm

All GF Metins use standard torrent ports, so if you can run the others ones, you should be able to run UK too. If the hackshield files are giving you problems, try adding the folder manually by getting it from a friend.

NEVER share your Game or Forum Account Credentials with ANYONE

Sameer

Professional

Tuesday, August 10th 2010, 9:46am

All GF Metins use standard torrent ports, so if you can run the others ones, you should be able to run UK too. If the hackshield files are giving you problems, try adding the folder manually by getting it from a friend.

hey thx for replying. the problem is solved you can close the thread.

The issue is still with the UK torrent updater, every time there is an update it happens.

This is what i did to make it work so in case anyone else is having the same problem they can try this method as it will work:

1.download only the torrent files[not the complete metin2 uk downloader] from here : http://patch.metin-2.com/metin2_common_f_817_9964_1.torrent
2. go to metin2.com and download metin2 us normally, after its done install it on your computer.[u can uninstall it later, or keep it ur wish]
3. the torrent patch downloaded in step 1 don't have all the files, put metin2 us files which were installed into the metin2 uk folder[metin2.bin from the metin2 us files is the most important one, including the patch updater and the application to run the program]. Once done start the application. The updater will download any missing files[hackshield] easily. If still there are problems then get the new files from a friend.

for vista users try running the application as 'run as administrator', am not sure if this will work with xp.

The total file size will go to 1.5 GB but hey the game works xD

Sameer, a.k.a - SJ
Leader Phalanx